We gave you 5 reasons to wear a wedding hair accessory to your wedding (click here to read the article!), so it’s only fair to do the same with wearing a bridal veil! Because after all about half of brides nowadays wear wedding veils : here’s (probably) why!
1) It is your wedding. You want to wear a veil? Wear a veil. Some may talk to you about the bad symbolism of it – but if you want it, who cares? Some will say you only wear it for the ceremony anyway… so? Don’t dress for others, dress for yourself : as simple as that!
2) You will have a full bridal look. Believe it or not, some brides never have that moment of finding The One when trying on a wedding dress – but once they had a wedding veil on their head, the die had been cast. Like a wedding hair accessory, a veil can be a great way to add style to a simple dress.
3) It will make great pictures. Let’s be honest : one of the biggest reasons for many, many brides to wear a veil is because it will make incredible pictures if it inspires your photographer (or even for a boudoir session!) Pinterest is filled with amazing images of the bride and groom with the veil in the wind while they kiss, or other pictures just as breathtaking.
4) You can create a tradition. Some families used to pass on wedding dresses from generation to generation, but trends change so much, not every wedding gown style are timeless and can be worn decades or even years from now. If you want to keep something for your daughter or niece to wear on their big day as well, keep your veil can be a great idea.
5) You can re-use it in different ways. Sure, it may not be as easy to reuse as a wedding hair accessory, since many can be worn as fashion hair piece. But you can use the fabric of your veil to create something you’ll be able to wear again, especially if it has beautiful details. For example we used the leftover fabric of the dress of a mother of the bride to embellish her headpiece (click here for pics!) – why not do the same with your veil! Not feeling so crafty? We got you covered : just get in touch with us to have some suggestions (include pics of your veil!) or to tell us your idea and we’ll see what we can do!
Still hesitating between a wedding hair accessory or a bridal veil? Remember that the choice is yours and shouldn’t be dictacted by another person, article or whatnot. When choosing your wedding veil or bridal headpiece, as with any other accessory of your bridal look, you have to consider the overall style you’re going for and see if it all comes toghether perfectly. And remember, in case of doubts, just ask us!